Kyiv City State
Deputies of the Kyiv City Council approved the Financial Contract between the capital and the European Investment Bank for the purchase of new trolleybuses and metro cars at the expense of external credit borrowing. 91 deputies of the Kyiv City Council voted for the corresponding decision.
"The funds will be used to purchase trolleybuses of large and especially large capacity, namely: trolleybuses over 11.9 meters long and 18.5 meters long. It will be low-floor transport, adapted for all passengers, in particular, people with disabilities. In addition, we will purchase 50 new metro cars with asynchronous traction drive for the Sviatoshynska-Brovarska metro line,” said Mykola Povoroznyk, First Deputy Head of the Kyiv City State Administration.
It is to be noted that that the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine approved the scope and conditions of local borrowing:
- the amount of borrowing - 100 million euros;
- the period for which the borrowing is carried out - up to 15 years, including the grace period of 3 years;
- repayment of the loan is carried out by semi-annual payments under the terms and conditions of the loan contract, starting after the end of the grace period;
- the interest rate for the use of credit funds - up to 1.85% per annum;
- payment of interest for the use of credit funds is made by semi-annual payments under the terms and conditions of the loan agreement, starting from the first agreed date of payment after the first tranche of the loan.
Control over the implementation of the decision is entrusted to the Standing Committee of the Kyiv City Council on Budget and Socio-Economic Development.